Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Claire -- ADOPTED!


Claire is a sweetheart. That's probably the first word I think of when I think of her. There are so many things about her besides her sweet nature though that draw me to her. She's honestly one of my favourite dogs to spend time with and walk at the shelter.

How pretty!!!


Claire is awesome on the leash whether we're walking or running (she loves when we run!). She's very attentive to where my body is and never trips me, pulls me, or runs into me. Honestly, they don't get any easier to walk than Claire.

I always have a happy smiley face!

She also enjoys running, whether on leash or in the exercise pen. She really just likes running (see the video at the end of the blog for proof!)

Good sits = hot dogs, and I love hot dogs!

One of my other favourite things about Claire is her ability to learn and eagerness to please. In terms of training, these are just so important in a dog. She has a really solid "sit", even sitting before I ask her (she reads my body language, knows I'm about to ask her, and preemptively does it...how's that for intelligence?!?) We are also working on "come" and she's doing well with that.

Spotting some human or canine friends
Claire does very well with other dogs, and seems to like being around them as well as people. She's very dog-savvy in the sense that she reads other dogs' body language very well and responds in kind.

I love exploring and running around!

Last weekend I got to play with her in the grassy pen at APS, where we both had a lot of fun. Here is a video of her running around with me and loving every second of it!!!


Claire is currently in Kennel 4 at APS of Durham! She would love for you to visit!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment