Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Amelia -- ADOPTED!!!

Amelia is a sweetheart. Every time I walk by her kennel she lays there and looks up at me with her big dark eyes and just melts me. She's always calm when I'm walking by -- never jumps around or gets out of control -- just silently asks me to take her out and spend some time with her.

Sweet face.
Amelia is a quiet lab mix who is on the shier side. She was very calm, although definitely excited, when I told her we were going out. She walks nicely on her leash and prefers quieter places where she can just be with her human.

Gorgeous girlie.

When we went out to the grassy pen, she was a bit unsure at first, but as soon as I got out the soft toys, I had her full attention. She absolutely loved running to get them and bringing them back. She would be an excellent dog to learn fetch because she seems to understand the need to both chase and then retrieve the toy.

She's a great runner, if you can tell!

She also enjoyed playing a little tug with me. I typically don't encourage this with dogs I don't know very well, but since she was on the shy side and seemed to warm up to me and enjoy it a lot, I figured it couldn't hurt. Well, she definitely loved it! Although she had no problem if I eventually won the toy and threw it again. It was all fun to her.

Games with the stuffed monkey!

Once Amelia and I had walked back we sat down on a bench to cuddle. She definitely likes being pet and I think she would enjoy it much more without distractions of other dogs, people, loud noises etc. She can be a bit worried about those things, but I know she wants to relax and enjoy her person's company -- she just needs a quieter place to do it.

I loved seeing her more carefree with her toys!

Amelia is a great size with a super soft coat and an adorable black tail and dark eyes. She seems to do well with other dogs, and especially if it's a dog she trusts, it could help her come out of her shell a bit.

Come meet me!

She also seems like she would be great to train. She does well with very positive reinforcement and she loves hot dogs and she seems smart.

If you would like to meet her, she would love to have visitors. Careful though, she's a heart-melter :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment