Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Dinah -- ADOPTED!!!

I approach Dinah's kennel for the first time knowing only that she seems sweet from the few times I've seen her and that she has huge ears. What I don't know is that I'm in for a big treat. The moment she sees me she starts a full body wiggle. Yes, wiggle. Her tail is wagging, but so is the whole back half of her body -- back and forth -- more vigorously the closer I get. And I realize: this dog is beyond thrilled to see me, and suddenly, I can't wait to meet her either.

Adorbale smiley girl :-)

I enter her kennel and the wiggling keeps going, and even though she is excited, she doesn't jump on me. She's perfectly content to wiggle her body around in circles around me and try to kiss me as I put on her leash. It's a perfect start to a perfect walk/play time with Dinah.

Loving her sweet eyes!!!

Dinah surprised me when I took her out because I was expecting a hound walk -- meaning that she would be pulling me any which way the best smell was with her nose to the ground. She actually didn't start sniffing until we got in the playpen. She just really liked walking and REALLY loved running with me. I'm pretty sure I've never walked a hound there that actually wanted to run with me to the grassy pen. I was, of course, thrilled at this.

The running hound!

When we got in the grassy pen, I discovered Dinah's love for soft toys. She loves running around with them in her mouth or waiting patiently for you to throw them before chasing them and running around again. She is just hilarious, of course, when she is running because of those long hound ears.

Ears in the wind

Dinah is also super soft and cuddly. She loves being petted because she clearly loves people so much and I love petting her super silky soft ears which are just perfect and adorable.

Yay my toy!!! I love it!!!

Dinah also seems like she really wants to please and she is definitely food motivated, meaning that she should be super fun to train.

"Hello hotdog, what must I do to get you?"

On the walk back to her kennel, she was worn out from all the playing and she walked nicely with me without pulling. She would definitely be a great girl for hikes or people who love being outdoors because she seems to really enjoy her walking.

Come play with me!

If you'd like to see an adorable hound wiggle around in happiness, come visit Dinah in kennel 38 at APS of Durham!

No comments:

Post a Comment