Sunday, August 4, 2013

Archie -- ADOPTED!!

Archie is a super fun, young, energetic shepherd mix that I've had the pleasure of walking for the past two Saturdays. Archie is the type of dog that makes you just enjoy life, because he enjoys it so much. His fun-loving, happy personality is contagious, and I just love watching him get excited about...everything!

Such a handsome face!

Archie is young and so I expected him to be quite unfocused and a bit wild on his leash, but he surprised me by responding well to my requests for him to focus, especially when he got to take his favourite toy for a walk! He does even better after he has run around in the playpen and gotten some of his energy out.

Taking his toy for a walk.


Speaking of running around in the playpen, this is one of Archie's absolute favourite activities. He just LOVES toys. He loves chasing them. He loves running around with them in his mouth. He loves throwing them to himself. He loves bringing them to me for me to throw them. Toys are THE BEST.

Pure toy joy.

One great thing about playing with Archie is that he's one of the happiest dogs I've ever met while playing with you. It's clear you and the toy are his absolute favourite things and personally, that just makes me have so much fun with him.

Thanks for bringing it back little man!

Another one of my favourite things about Archie is that he waits patiently for me to throw his toy and sometimes (if I remember to tell him!) he'll even sit before I throw it. For him, toys are enough of a reward and he doesn't even need hot dogs every time in order to give a great sit! I love when dogs will give a behaviour for something other than food treats. He understands that if he wants something, he has to sit and wait patiently for it...doesn't get much better than that!

Focused and happy.


Given that he's picked this behaviour up so quickly and in the time that I've spend with him, I'd say he's a pretty clever/smart dog. He seems like he would be highly trainable, and definitely fun to train. He really does want to please and derives much joy in doing so.



There are so many great things about Archie, but my other favourite is that he is a cuddlebug. He loves having his belly scratched. He loves any affection, and he will even stop playing if I sit down in the grass because that's a clear invitation for him to curl up in my lap and get rubs.

Loving his scratches and belly rubs!


Archie also seems to be excited and curious about other dogs, but not overly excited. I haven't seen him play/interact with dogs, but I would guess he would get along with them quite nicely.

So happy and friendly.

Basically, Archie is just extremely awesome and he'd be happy to show you how handsome, fun, and loving he is if you visit him!

No comments:

Post a Comment