Saturday, August 3, 2013

Estelle -- ADOPTED!!!!

Estelle is a gorgeous, gentle, shepherd mix that, in my opinion, is just a perfect dog in so many ways. Both Estelle and Arabella are absolutely beautiful and so incredibly sweet. I've walked Arabella several times, but never had the pleasure of walking Estelle.

Such expressive eyes. Beautiful!

The first thing I noticed about her was how attentive she was to my commands. I wanted her not to pull on the lead, and so after just once of telling her that, she stopped pulling. Despite the fact that she could easily pull me if she wanted to, she really just wanted to stay near me. When we walked along the trail I really felt like we were walking together -- not she walking me or I walking her. It's this camaraderie between dog and human that I so treasure and value in dogs. And she definitely has it.

Loving her pets and hot dogs. Such a sweetie!

When we got to the grassy play pen Estelle was curious and playful. She is young enough that she has a lot of happy energy, but also quiet and calm enough that she's not overwhelming one bit. She played with the toys that I threw her, but also enjoyed walking around and checking everything out.

Doing with with the "fetch" concept.

She sits very nicely for her hot dog treats and takes them very politely. She seems to be quite in tune with how I prefer that she do things -- and I just love dogs like this. Some dogs are quite good at paying attention to body language, tone and whatever energy we send out and processing that information in a positive way. Estelle seems quite adept at this.

Such a beautifully athletic pup.

While we were playing, a fellow friend from the shelter came up to the fence to see if there was anyone using the pen. Estelle immediately got very excited at the prospect of company and went into a series of play bows and other puppy playing behaviours with the visitor (Clay). She seems like she would be incredibly friendly and playful with other dogs.

This just makes me happy.  Perfect puppy manners.

Estelle is awesome because she seems to like everything you do with her. Whether it's playing with stuffed toys, walking, running, seeing other dogs -- she just seems content. However, her happiness is not overwhelming and she didn't jump up on me once.

Uh oh... which toy to play with?!?!

Estelle will make an incredible dog for families, people with or without dogs, and anyone who likes walking or just giving affection and attention.

If you would like to visit Estelle, she lives in Kennel 15.

No comments:

Post a Comment