Sunday, August 18, 2013

Mckenzie -- ADOPTED

Mckenzie, or "Kenzi" as I've taken to calling her, is just one of those dogs who can make you feel like the most special person in the room, or yard, or wherever. She instantly warmed up to me, even though I've never had the pleasure of spending a lot of time with her, she pretty much acted like my best friend. I love dogs like this.

One look at those sweet, adoring eyes.....

When I went into her crate to put her leash on she got down on her belly and crawled over to me tail wagging. She was so grateful for the chance to be with someone and to go out for a walk...like I said, she really knows how to make her human feel special.

Loving on Ryan.
We went outside and as soon as I made a move to crouch down and pet her she lay down and then rolled over for a belly rub! She LOVES being petted -- on her stomach, on her back, on her side, anywhere -- she just relishes the attention and love.

Pure bliss. And just because of simple pets on the back.

Kenzie does well on her leash, and since she loves to be around people so much, she will be quite fun and easy to walk with. She was very polite and didn't jump on me when I put her leash on or when waiting at any of the dogs. She is quite patient, which I also love.

Beautiful, happy girl!!!

We went outside to the grassy pen and she showed off her version of "fetch" which goes something like this.

1) Watch toy in person's hand until they throw it.
2) Run after said toy.
3) Pick it up and start running back to human.
4) Midway through return, get so excited about running back to open-armed human for possible affection. Drop toy and keep running full speed toward awaiting hands.


This is her dropping her toy halfway back to get back to me!

This happened every time we threw her toys and it was just so incredibly adorable that I didn't ever want her to learn "real fetch". I hope she always does this! She definitely likes her toys and love chasing and playing.

Love <3
One of her other awesome talents is how well she is coming along with her obedience. She had a very very nice sit, which she will give for both food treats, but also if she wants you to throw her toy! She is also learning "down" very quickly, as it is easy to get her in this position for a rub. Based on this I think she will be not only easy, but incredibly fun to train. She makes it feel both easy and fun.

So sweet!
Kenzie is definitely the dog that you could take anywhere with you and have people love. She makes me feel so loved and appreciated and she would gladly do that with her new family. I have never seen her around children, but would think she would be a great family dog.

If you would like Mckenzie to make you feel like the coolest person ever, she'd love to get the chance! She lives in Kennel 36.

No comments:

Post a Comment